On a mound north west of a lay bye which was part of the original alignment of the A9.
LOCKED Some compound fencing survives. All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the green paint. A dome on the ventilation shaft and guying points indicates this was a master post. The hatch has no padlocks but is locked internally; it can be opened with a Scottish ’T’ bar key. Internally much remains including folding table, shelf (both with strengthened legs), cupboard, net, rope, battery box, waste bin, large splint, wall shelf (detached), two brooms, visitors log, coax cable for radio, BT junction boxes/wiring, BPI baffle plates, base of aircraft chart mount, dome key, mirror, a few papers, two waste bind, wiring, washing bowl, cleaning materials, cutlery, and a saucepan. The post was sold in 2003
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.