On the edge of Cromer Golf Course, 100 yards North-East from the old lighthouse, beside footpath and close to ‘Danger’ sign. A clump of gorse bushes on a high point marks the spot.
SEALED Some years ago the golf club were concerned about children getting into the post and they tipped soil down the shaft. Today only the ventilation shaft is visible in the middle of a gorse bush beside the footpath. There is a mound of earth on the opposite side of the path which might cover the access shaft. Alternatively any other evidence is lost in the impenetrable gorse.
Opened in 1958 and closed in 1968.