On a low mound to the west of a right angle bend in an access track 300 yards west from the junction of Kirkway and St. Andrews Road (A917)
SEALED All surface features remain intact but the hatch has been sealed with concrete. A metal dome and aerial bracket on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master post and also indicated it may have closed later than reported. There is some erosion of the mound around the access shaft. It is surprising that this post closed in 1968 as it was a master post. The installation of radio equipment only started in February 1968 and master posts were generally not closed during the 1968 reorganisation
A WW2 brick and concrete aircraft post stands alongside within its own original compound. It is approximately 18' X 10' with an 8' X 8' open section now filled with soil making it impossible to enter the 10' X 8' crew room. There is an old telegraph pole beside it.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1968.