Behind a hedgerow on the southern side of a farm road, fifty yards east of Bradley Hill Farm on the east side of Bradley Hill.
LOCKED. Externally the post is in good condition with all surface features intact but some flaking of the light green paint. The hatch is locked but can be opened with a ’T’ bar key. Internally much remains including the cupboards, a long table, canvas chairs, mattresses, curtains in front of the bunks (which have been removed), some BT equipment, fire blanket, papers, the visitors log and a large commemorative sign left by the last observers. There is also a notice left by anti-nuclear protesters after an attack on the post which reads ‘This bunker has been fumigated with comfrey liquid manure to encourage the organic growth of peace and discourage the pestilence of war. Try working for peace.’
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.