On a hilltop 150 yards east of Longridge Lane and north of the track to Broadlow Farm.
LOCKED All surface features remain intact. The hatch is locked. A metal dome on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master post. Internally the following items remain: table, shelf, cupboard, mirror, chair, enamel bucked with lid, 3 mattresses, light, BT junction boxes/wiring, battery box, battery switching box, 10 empty Jerry cans, small splint, coax cable and copper earth straps for radio, air pipe for pump up radio mast, 3 blankets, pen/pencil holder, scythe, shears, pick axe (no handle), rope, 2 dustpan/brush and a small shelf in the toilet recess. There is also a large floor standing wooden cupboard with the door marked ‘GZI and baffle plates’ on the top shelf and ‘Plastic dome cover’ on the bottom shelf. The post was in 2003.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.