On top of a tumulus on the West side of High Street just North of crossroads.
OPEN All surface features remain intact with the light green paint in good condition. A metal dome on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master (radio) post, The hatch is locked but can be opened with a ’T’ bar key. Internally much remains including folding table and shelf, cupboard, rack of wooden shelves, two mattresses, 3 chairs, cloud posters, fire blanket in box, broom, spade, copper straps around the walls, battery switching box, enamel bucket, two pair of wellington boots, wiring, some papers and a pile of pornographic magazines. The post appears to be used by an outward bound person as there is some climbing ropes and a modern battery powered light (working).
An Orlit A stands on the tumulus. The metal sliding door is intact as is the wooden instrument mounting. An attempt has been made to demolish the post with half of the roof of the covered section now missing.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.