The old waste water treatment plant in Prague Bubeneč is an important building and designated as a National Historic Landmark. It was built between the years 1901 – 1906 as the last part of the Prague sewer network. It was in use until 1967 when a newly built modern central waste treatment plant (situated on Cisarsky Island) was put into operation. The sewer system and technical design of the old waste water treatment plant were designed by a British civil engineer, William Heerlein Lindley.
The building is similar in function, though later than the equivalent London sites of Abbey Mills and Crossness. The site is now looked after by a not-for-profit organisation established in 2011 who have a fine mueum on the site. The plant has extensive underground structures with some exquisite brickwork.