Brighton Road Shelter is situated in a wooded area to the west of Brighton Road, about 650 metres south of Coulsdon South Station. It was completed by October 1941 with a capcity of 720 shelterers. Originally the capacity was planned to be 1,500 but the length of the tunnels was reduced once softer chalk was encountered.
The shelters were used post-war as a garage and workshop. They are now sealed.