In the North East corner of a field 250 yards North West of trig. station.
WELDED All surface features remain intact with light green paint remaining on the metal features only. The ventilation louvres are unusual being recessed outwards and formed from a metal grille. The step is detached and the hatch is welded shut.
An unusual pillbox stands at the earlier aircraft post position beside the trig. station (SO04862691) It is circular (7 foot in diameter) and built of brick recessed two feet into the ground with access down some steps. The wall stands two feet high above ground level with six brick pillars on top of the wall and an overhanging concrete roof on top of the pillars, effectively giving five loopholes. The aircraft post at this site opened in 1950 and it is unclear if this building is contemporary with it or predates it.
Opened in 1962 and closed in 1991.