On a long mound in a small rectangular compound 50 yards west of a public footpath/farm track which runs along the west side of a large walled house (Gracelands), 200 yards north of Roman Road.
OPEN All surface features remain intact with the dark green paint flaking. There is an unusually large top to the ventilation shaft. The ventilation louvres are missing and the step is detached. There is a second step on the other side of the access shaft. The concrete apron around the access shaft extends 12 feet to the north with a 2’ X 1’ concrete plinth at the end with metal protruding from it (unknown purpose). There are concrete steps up the mound, which has eroded in places and a disused telegraph pole alongside. The hatch is rusty and damaged and is only secured with a twist of barbed wire. Internally the monitoring room is back to front (step to the right at the bottom of the ladder), which is probably an error during construction. The room is severely fire damaged and all the walls and shaft are covered in soot. Both internal doors are detached and broken and only two chair frames and a dexion rack remain.
A number of ruinous buildings stand nearby but these probably have no connection with the ROC.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.