In a locked compound on the East side of the access track to Wasperton Hill (Farm), 100 yards North of Wasperton Lane.
WELDED The compound fencing is high with barbed wire on top and the gate is locked and secure. All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the green paint. A dome on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master post. The hatch is welded. When visited the hatch was locked, the owner cut the locks off for the inspection. Much remained including the table, shelf, cupboard, short wall shelf, two mattresses, two plastic chairs, coax cable, BT junction box and wiring, Tele-Talk, WB1401 carrier receiver with WB1410 filter unit, cluster map, tool board, papers, wire brush, headphones and the airial mast pump. All artefacts were removed by the owner after the inspection and the hatch has been locked and welded to prevent future access. The post is on a private estate and the owner would not welcome further visitors.
A brick aircraft post standing in the larger outer compound was demolished in 1992
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1968, reopened 1969 and finally closed in 1991.