On a low mound on the west side of a field boundary 60 yards north of a steep coastal path and close to trig. station on summit of hill. 500 yards west of Cock Inn on A747
OPEN All surface features remain intact but the ventilation louvers are missing and the hatch and frame is totally detached and the counterbalance weight is missing. The concrete apron of the access shaft has suffered soil erosion and is beginning to crack in places. This in turn has caused the concrete step to become detached from the access shaft. Internally the post has been stripped of any originally fittings but is strewn with farm rubble. The table, shelf and cupboard have been broken up. The toilet door has been removed. Some original electrical wiring remains in place. There is a truncated telegraph pole nearby
A collapsed Orlit Type A aircraft post stands close by as does a 10’ X 8’ brick building with a slightly sloping roof (missing) a doorway in one end and a large window in one side. This was probably part of the WW II aircraft post.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1968.