In a square compound on the North side of a field boundary, 30 yards West of a bend in an unmade road.
LOCKED There is a style by the track and a notice on the gates which reads ‘Air ministry. Private no trespassing.’ All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the green paint. The top of the access shaft was reconstructed in 1989 and a new large hatch (Torlift) fitted. The security plug had been damaged by people trying to break in, it has now been replaced and the hatch can be opened with a Torlift key. Internally remaining artifacts include the folding table, shelf (with an extension), cupboard, stool, home made bench seat/storage unit, light, BT junction box/wiring and a gasket for the FSM probe. The post was sold in 2003.
Hidden in quite long undergrowth. The day visited it a path had been cut up to the shaft. There is no signage any more and access is only by Torlift key.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.