At the end of a line of telegraph poles a few years to the north west of trig station close to craggy outcrop and public viewing point with tables. 100 yards west of Alton Lane at its junction with Brownhills Lane.
LOCKED All surface features remain intact. Both shafts are clad in stone although this has fallen away in places. One ventilation louvre is missing. There is an 18" extension of 1.5 inch diameter pipe welded onto the top of the FSM pipe cover plate, its purpose is unknown although the post is believed to have been used by an amateur radio club. The hatch it securely locked, it appears to be of an unusual ‘local’ design with raised hasps at one end and a different internal locking mechanism. There are security boxes around each padlock and one of the padlocks has a separate lockable cover over it. A metal dome and mountings for an aerial mast on the ventilation shaft and three guying points nearby, indicate this was a master post.
Opened in 1959 and closed in 1991.