Site Records


Site Name: Truleigh Hill R2 CHEL Rotar Radar Station

TQ224109
Nr. Fulking
West Sussex

[Source: Nick Catford]

Truleigh Hill was a Chain Home Extra Low (CHEL) site built in 1952 to replace the Chain Home Low Radar station built at the site in 1939. It was a R2 single level operations room serving a single Type 14 radar system.

The station was decomissioned in 1958 and sold to a private buyer in 1965. Although the bunker is presently unused the site provides a home for Police, Ambulance and Fire Service communications as well as those of some private organisations. The site is secure and underground visits are not permitted..

Photo: The guardhouse/bungalow
Photo by Nick Catford

Photo: The guardhouse/bungalow
Photo by Neil Harley

[Source: Nick Catford]


home.gif Home Page
Last updated 22nd October 2005

© 1998 - 2005 Subterranea Britannica