Site Name: Lowestoft Sub ControlTM541937
St. Peters Street
[Source: Keith Ward]
The Lowestoft Sub Control was built during WW2 as an ARP Control Centre. It was refitted in 1953 and acted as Sub Control to the Main Control at Lowestoft Town Hall. It remained in use as a sub control until 1968 and was used as a polling station in the 1970's.
After laying disused for some time, the building was finally demolished in March 2012 to make way for new housing.
Last updated 1st April 2012
© 1998-2012 Subterranea Britannica