Site Records


Site Name: Harrogate, North Yorkshire Sub County Control

Grove Road
Harrogate
Yorkshire

 

[Source: Keith Ward]

The Harrogate Civil Defence Centre was built in 1958; consisting of a prefabricated single storey office block built on top of a WW2 RAF bunker which later became the North Yorkshire Sub County Control. The building was taken over in 1991 as an extension to the adjacent Grove Road County Primary School and both the surface building and the bunker below were converted into class rooms.

 

[Source: Keith Ward]

home.gif Home Page
Last updated 22nd October 2001

© 1998-2001 Subterranea Britannica