Site Records


Site Name: Exeter Borough Control

St. Germans Road
Exeter, Devon
SX923940

RSG site visit 6th August 2002

[Source: Nick Catford]

The former Exeter Borough Control stands on the corner of St. Germans Road within the Exeter University campus. The brick and concrete blockhouse was built in 1943 as a reporting centre and extended to the rear in 1954 as a Borough Control and training centre. It was used until 1966 when the control we relocated to Barnfield Hall in Barnfield Road, Exeter. Most internal partition walls have now been removed and the building is now used as a rifle range.

Photo: The 1943 building
Photo: The 1943 building
Photo by Nick Catford

Those taking part in the visit were Nick Catford and Keith Ward.

[Source: Nick Catford]

Historical information: Keith Ward


home.gif Home Page
Last updated 28th August 2002

© 1998-2002 Subterranea Britannica