Site Records

Site Name: Ditton Priors Royal Navy Armament Depot

Ditton Priors

[Source: Keith Ward]

Ditton Priors Royal Navy Armament Depot was built in 1941 and used by the Royal Navy until 1965. After this date it was taken over the US forces after they were forced to leave France. The depot finally closed in 1968. It consisted of 25 magazines and 4 mines stores. The site is now occupied by an industrial estate and fireworks factory with many of the original buildings put to new uses.

Photo: Magazines.
Photo by Keith Ward

Photo: Rail transhipment shed
Photo by Keith Ward

[Source: Keith Ward]

home.gifHome Page
Last updated 28th September 2003

© 1998-2003 Subterranea Britannica