Site Name: Dagenham WW2 CD Control CentreTQ26798177
Becontree Avenue, Dagenham
RSG site visit 27th December 2001
[Source: Nick Catford]
The WW2 control centre at Dagenham is located in Valence Park close to the Council Depot and the Becontree Avenue entrance to the park. After the war it was reactivated in 1947 and remained operational until 1954 when the new bunker was opened behind the Civic Centre. It is now used as a changing room and showers for the sports pitches in the park.
The single storey building is irregularly shaped and is approximately 15M X 8M with diagonally opposite extensions on each side. It is painted grey and is covered in graffiti. There are grilled windows along all walls with a double entrance door on the south side and a single door at the west end.