Site Records


Site Name: Brightlingsea Urban District Council Control Centre

TM085169
Queen Street
Brightlingsea, Essex

 

[Source: Keith Ward]

During the 1950's the Brightlingsea UDC Control Centre was established in the basement of the Brewers Arms pub. It remained operational until the Civil Defence Corps was disbanded in 1968 and was known locally as 'The fallout room'.

Photo: Brightlingsea UDC Control
Photo by Keith Ward

 

[Source: Keith Ward]


home.gif Home Page
Last updated 28th September 2003

© 1998-2003 Subterranea Britannica