Site Records


Site Name: Blyth Area Control

NZ310811
Broadway Circle
Blyth, Northumberland

RSG site visit April 1999

[Source: Nick Catford]

A WW2 Decontamination Centre was reactivated in 1952 as Blyth Area Control remaining operational until the Civil Defence Corps was disbanded in 1968. The single storey semi-sunken brick building stands in the middle of the Broadway Circle and is currently used by the Blyth Army Cadet Force.

Photo: Blyth Area Control
Photo by Nick Catford

 


home.gif Home Page
Last updated 28th September 2003

© 1998-2003 Subterranea Britannica