Site Records


Site Name: Belfast - Stormont Sub Control

Newtownards Road
Belfast
IJ40047404

RSG site visit 12th June 2002

[Source: Nick Catford]

Belfast Corporation built six Sub Controls between 1954 and 1956 each reporting to the Corporation main control in the former Regional War Room in Mount Eden Park. The Sub Control remained operational until the disbanding of the Civil Defence Corps in 1968 and is now used as a government document store.

Photo: Stormont Sub Control
Photo by Nick Catford

The single storey concrete blockhouse is surrounded by bushes in a car park on the south side of Stormont Castle grounds and on the north side of Newtownards Road.

Those taking part in the visit were Nick Catford, Keith Ward, and Wayne Davies

Historical information: Keith Ward


home.gif Home Page
Last updated 28th September 2003

© 1998-2003 Subterranea Britannica