|OS Grid Reference||NO16523913|
|Date opened||February 1958|
|Date closed||October 1968|
|Location||On a low mound at the end of a line of telegraph poles in a
roughly square compound straddling a field boundary, 200 yards south of A984 and 200 yards east of A93
|Description||LOCKED All surface features remain intact although the
ventilation louvres are missing. The hatch is locked although it is detached and the hinge end. It can be opened with a Scottish 'T' bar key. Internally remaining artefacts include the table, shelf, cupboard, BPI mount, GPO junction boxes and wiring, battery in its box, large splint, twin bunks, end of the single bed, fuse box, carpet, light, hatch locking bar. There is some rubbish on the floor including pots and pans and paint tins, some of these
may have come from the post.
|A brick aircraft post stands in a recess in the north side of the compound. It is a rectangular building approximately 7' X 5'. It consists of an open topped observation area approximately 5' X 5' and a crew room with a sloping tin sheet as a roof. Some of the bricks are missing from all sides of the open section. The metal support for the wooden
instrument table is still in place fixed to the floor.
|Date of Visit||18.5.2002|