|OS Grid Reference||TL71516540|
|Date opened||August 1959 & 1975|
|Date closed||October 1968 & September 1991|
|Location||In a small compound on the West side of un-named minor road|
|Description||LOCKED There is a small car parking area alongside the road with as retaining wall, railings and steps up to the access shaft. All surface features remain intact with some flaking of white paint. The hatch is locked but can be opened with a 'T' bar key. Internally there is severe fire damage but much still remains including a notice board, hand pumped sink, folding shelf, wall shelf, 2 cupboards, chairs and wiring. There is much rubbish on the floor. When inspected in April 2004 the hatch had been welded shut. The post was inspected again in October 2012 and the hatch is now missing.
It was reported in July 2014 that
'This increasingly overgrown post has recently had all surface structures demolished and cleared.'
|Date of Visit||20.6.1997|