Royal Observer Corps
Record added 2/5/2001
OS Grid Reference TL69047543
County Suffolk
Date opened August 1959
Date closed October 1968
Location In a wooded compound on field boundary on the West side of a farm track 150 yards south of West Row Road
Description OPEN All surface features remain intact and in fair condition. Internally the post is clean and free of vandalism. Twin bunks, single bed, cupboard and folding table and shelf remain in place.
An Orlit posts stand nearby on top of a brick tower which contains a lower room. As the post didn't open at this site until 1954 the brick structure is assumed to be contemporary with the Orlit. The Orlit is accessed by external iron steps which have rusted badly and barely climbable. The internal sliding door is still in place.
Date of Visit 11.7.1998
Future Actions
  Search Again   Return to Homepage