|OS Grid Reference||ST64266002|
|Date opened||June 1959|
|Date closed||September 1991|
|Location||On a four-foot high mound within a small rectangular compound on Barrow Hill, 100 yards East of un-named minor road.|
|Description||LOCKED All surface features remain intact with the green paint flaking badly. The ventilation shaft stands on several courses of bricks half way down one end of the mound. There is a metal dome and aerial mounting on the ventilation shaft indicating this was a master post. There are two steps up to the access shaft on adjacent sides. When inspected in 2000 hatch was locked with a thick steel bar, this was subsequently cut off but the hatch has now been re-locked. A metal pipe protrudes several feet out of the ground near the ventilation shaft. Internally the following items remain: table, shelf, cupboard, 2 chairs, 3 Dexion racks, one small set of shelves resting on the table with a cupboard mounted on the wall above, notice board, copper earth straps, one pair of Wellington boots, broom, BT junction box. There is a fourth Dexion rack in the toilet recess plus more Dexion that hasn't been bolted together. The post has now been relocked with two padlocks and a chain. The post was sold in 2003.
June 2018 - Post advertised for sale. Reported sold for £23,000
|Date of Visit||16.1.2000 & 24.4.2003|