|OS Grid Reference||TF92810398|
|Date opened||August 1959|
|Date closed||September 1991|
|Location||In a square overgrown compound 150 yards West of Dereham Road (A1075) on the North side of the field boundary.|
|Description||There is a line of telegraph poles leading from the road and a sign which reads ‘Private - No vehicular access to ROC Post 6/E2 Watton’. All surface features remain intact. The hatch is locked but can be opened with a T bar key. Internally the following items remain: table, shelf, cupboard, BPI mount, mess tins, dustpan/brush, mirror, wooden bench seat, folding chair, posters, plastic cups, small splint, 3 kettles, plastic bowl, papers, CB radio magazines and three mattresses. A draw has been added under the table. There is a poster on the wall that reads
'Thetford CND visited this bunker on 5th April 1987'.
|An Orlit B stands within the compound. It is locked and in good condition.|
|Date of Visit||11.7.1998 & 3.4.2003|