Royal Observer Corps
Record added 26/4/2001
Post Name UPWELL
OS Grid Reference TF50470220
County Norfolk
Date opened October 1959
Date closed September 1991
Location In a square compound on the East side of a field boundary/irrigation channel, 200 yards South of Stone House Road.
Description LOCKED All surface features remain intact and set low into the ground. The hatch is locked. Internally the post is wet with half an inch of water on the floor; the following items remain: table, shelf, cupboard, battery switching box, BT junction box and wiring, copper earth straps, air pipe for aerial mast, coax cable for radio, 2 mirrors (one mounted on the ceiling above the light to create extra illumination), three buckets (one enamel), kettle, five pairs of Wellington boots, BPI mouth (detached), plastic bowl, saucepan, cutlery, broom, Jerry can. All the woodwork is painted bright yellow. The post is due to be sold in 2003.
Remaining
Surface
Structures
None
Date of Visit 29.8.1998 & 3.4.2003
Future Actions
  Search Again   Return to Homepage