|OS Grid Reference||TG39162514|
|Date opened||September 1959|
|Date closed||September 1991|
|Location||On the East side of Mill Road by windmill.|
|Description||LOCKED All surface features remain intact with the white paint in good condition. The hatch is locked.|
|The adjoining windmill was used during the war for aircraft observation. The top of the windmill has been re-built for this purpose and contains the instrument mounting. Items of furniture and cooking utensils are to be found on the lower floors. the internal wooden steps are rotting and in poor condition especially near the top of the tower. An external ladder has been fixed to the side of the tower for emergency access. The windmill door is open.
January 2016 - Heavily overgrown and inaccessible.
|Date of Visit||1.8.1998|