Royal Observer Corps
Record added 26/4/2001
Post Name HUNSTANTON
OS Grid Reference TF67584201
County Norfolk
Date opened November 1957
Date closed October 1968
Location On the South side of the wall around the old lighthouse, in Lighthouse Close.
Description DEMOLISHED. No trace of anything, although the shape of the two shafts can be seen when the grass dries out in the summer.
Remaining
Surface
Structures
The lighthouse was used for aircraft observation from 1934. To avoid the crew members having to walk through the lighthouse living quarters a new door was installed in the outer wall. Several courses of bricks were added to the top of the tower for added protection.
Date of Visit 4.7.1998
Future Actions
  Search Again   Return to Homepage