Royal Observer Corps
Record added 26/4/2001
Post Name ALDEBY
OS Grid Reference TM43389320
County Norfolk
Date opened June 1959
Date closed October 1968
Location 100 yards South of Stanley Mills Road, along a path from a small car park (possibly former ROC car park).
Description OPEN All surface features are intact apart from the BPI pipe. The soil above the monitoring room has largely been removed or eroded revealing the brickwork below both shafts and the FSM probe pipe. The air shaft has been largely demolished and the access shaft badly damaged with the hatch missing. Internally the white walls are covered in graffiti and apart from some rubbish and pornographic magazines only one bed remains. There are also some concrete fence posts from the compound.
Remaining
Surface
Structures
None
Date of Visit 29.8.1998
Future Actions
  Search Again   Return to Homepage