Royal Observer Corps
Record added 26/4/2001
Post Name TICEHURST
OS Grid Reference TQ67622855
County Sussex
Date opened October 1959
Date closed October 1968 & September 1991
Location In overgrown compound on west side of un-named road by sharp bend just north of Cottenden Farm.
Description OPEN. Having closed in 1968 the post was later re-opened. In its later years it was known locally as Stonegate Post. All surface features are intact and in good condition. A metal dome on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master post. Hidden steps lead up the bank from the road to the locked compound gate. When inspected in 1997 the post was locked but the locks have now been cut off and the hatch is now open. Internally the post is very damp. Remaining artifacts include the table, shelf, cupboard, bucket, waste bin, mirror, BT connection box, papers, posters, light, copper earth straps, BPI mount. When inspected for a third time the post was flooded to a depth of 3".
Remaining
Surface
Structures
None
Date of Visit 15.8.1997 & 30.1.2000 & 3.12.2000
Future Actions
  Search Again   Return to Homepage