|OS Grid Reference||SU54182101|
|Date opened||February 1959|
|Date closed||October 1968|
|Location||In wooded are on top of hill 50 yards East of footpath (Woodcote Lane), 300 yards North East from Shoe Lane|
|Description||OPEN The ventilation shaft is little more than a stump and the access shaft is very dilapidated. The hatch is missing but access is not possible as a large tree trunk has been pushed down the shaft. An interpretation board nearby incorrectly refers to the existing remains as a WW2 aircraft observation post. In May 2000 the tree stump was cut off at the level of the shaft and a replacement hatch screwed to the stump. A new interpretation board has also been mounted nearby.
January 2019: New locked hatch but still seems to have been a break in.
|Remains of a brick building lie in the undergrowth.|
|Date of Visit||7.3.1998|