Royal Observer Corps
Record added 24/4/2001
OS Grid Reference NY03590173
County Cumberland
Date opened January 1959
Date closed October 1968
Location On the North East side of the junction of 2 footpaths, South of trig station and on the West side of Seascale Golf Course.
Description OPEN All surface features remain intact but the mound has been removed leaving the ventilation shaft standing on 3 courses of bricks and the FSM pipe on a concrete plinth. All the ventilation louvres are missing as is the hatch and the step is detached. At some point (probably after closure) a new non-standard hatch has been fitted but this has now gone with only the frame remaining. The access and ventilation shafts still retain some green paint. Internally the twin bunks, single bed and cupboard remain. The table is detached as is the monitoring room door. The toilet door is broken and the post is strewn with rubbish including a golf ball! Some wiring and GPO boxes remain together with one ventilation louvre and the original hatch.
Date of Visit 28.5.2000
Future Actions
  Search Again   Return to Homepage