|OS Grid Reference||SD17687908|
|Date opened||April 1964|
|Date closed||October 1968|
|Location||On top of a former mine dump on the East side of an un-named minor road near a 'T' junction.|
|Description||DEMOLISHED No trace of anything.|
|The 1941 aircraft post still stands at SD179783. It consists of an old stone tower (perhaps an old lighthouse or beacon) which has a concrete extension on the top around the observation platform. There is a rusty iron walkway around the outside of the tower (also a WW2 ROC addition) close to the top and an opening in the concrete wall looking out across the Irish Sea, Inside the original stone steps are intact but the concrete observation platform appears to have fallen away. The gate to the tower is locked.
|Date of Visit||28.05.2000|
|Future Actions||CALCULATE 8 FIGURE NGR