|OS Grid Reference||TA31183197|
|Date opened||February 1959|
|Date closed||September 1991|
|Location||On a low mound 120 yards North of Seaside Lane on the West side of a public footpath.|
|Description||OPEN One side of the compound fencing remain in place. all surface features remain intact with the grey/green paint flaking badly. A metal dome on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master post. The hatch was locked when visited in 1999. In July 2002 it was found to be open having been forced by vandals. The FSM pipe has been broken off and thrown down the shaft. The ventilation louvres have been removed and are lying in the grass. Internal the post has been set on fire and is severely damaged although some items remain including WB1401 carrier receiver with WB1410 filter unit, battery switching box, BT junction box and one bed frame.
14.09.15: It was been reported that the post is full of concrete.
|An Orlit stands on top of a six sided lozenge shaped pillbox with a blast wall protecting the entrance on the west side. An iron ladder gives access to the roof of the pillbox and entrance to the Orlit which is in good condition. The South West corner of the Orlit has been removed and replaced with a brick pillar with a plinth on top. There is a GZI mounting on top of the plinth with brick steps at the corner of the Orlit giving access to this plinth. The Orlit has also been damaged by vandals with the internal wall and crew room roof panel lying in the grass.
|Date of Visit||3.7.1999|