Royal Observer Corps
Record added 24/4/2001
OS Grid Reference SE09133332
County Yorkshire
Date opened May 1958
Date closed September 1991
Location On a low mound at the end of a line of telegraph poles 150 yards north of Hill Top Road on the edge of a small quarry. Accessed from a footpath running north from the back of the cricket green behind houses on Hill Top Road.
Description SEALED All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the green paint. The access shaft has been rebuilt and a new larger hatch (Torlift) fitted. Lining the top with concrete blocks to a height of one foot and filling with rubble between them has now sealed the shaft. The blocks have been rendered to give the appearance of solid concrete.
Date of Visit 9.9.2000
Future Actions
  Search Again   Return to Homepage