|OS Grid Reference||SE20064424|
|Date opened||July 1958|
|Date closed||September 1991|
|Location||On a low mound in the North West corner of a field, 100 yards West of a trig. point (removed) and cellphone aerial.|
|Description||LOCKED All surface features remain intact with bad flaking of the green paint with the ventilation shaft adjacent to the access shaft badly damaged. Pieces of concrete from it, including the ventilation louvres, are lying on the ground|
|A brick aircraft post stands a few yards to the north on the field boundary. It consists of a 10' by 10' observation room with a raised platform area and an octagonal opening in the concrete roof. A second 10' X 10' roofed crew room is inset into one corner. This part of the building is four feet lower than the observation room. There is an external iron ladder giving access to the roof of this part of the building.
|Date of Visit||5.5.2000|