|OS Grid Reference||TA16527124|
|Date opened||May 1959|
|Date closed||September 1991|
|Location||On pastoral land on the East side of Scarborough road (A165), 50 yards South of reservoir.|
|Description||OPEN One concrete fence post from the compound remains. All surface features remain intact with the light green paint in good condition. A metal dome on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master post. The hatch is locked but can be opened with a ‘T’ bar key. internally much remains including, folding table and shelf, cupboard, three mattresses, splint, baffle plates, wiring, copper straps around two walls, spare gaskets for FSM dome, fire blanket box, siren box, two folding chairs and one BT unit. Shelves have been fitted found the walls in the toilet recess.
Report from Paul James Pearson March 2008
Unfortunately the post has been burnt, and there is very little left, apart from the table, and a clipboard. The shelving in the toilet still remains, but everything else is covered in soot. The door is held down with a piece of fencepost but is otherwise open and unlocked.
|Date of Visit||3.7.1999|