Royal Observer Corps
Record added 24/4/2001
Post Name SPRINGWELL
OS Grid Reference NZ28565901
County Durham
Date opened May 1959
Date closed October 1968
Location On an old mine waste tip to the north east of the main Springwell Colliery building (Now Bowes Railway Museum).
Description DEMOLISHED The post was demolished shortly after closure and the mine tip has now been partially leveled. The post never had a compound.
Remaining
Surface
Structures
None
Date of Visit 31.5.2000
Future Actions
  Search Again   Return to Homepage