|OS Grid Reference||IH76259257|
|Date opened||September 1957|
|Date closed||Late 1987|
|Location||On a high mound on a hilltop 150 yards north west of Disert Road and 100 yards east of an unmade track.|
|Description||OPEN The post was abandoned in 1987 for security reasons and the post at Castledawson was re-opened; nothing was stripped out after closure. All surface features remaining intact with some green paint remaining. The hatch is open Internally the post is strewn with rubbish, vandalised and fire damaged. Much remains however including the GZI, BPI, WB400 carrier receiver (damaged), twin bunks, single bed, table, shelf, cupboard, battery in its box, 2 canvas chairs, small splint, GPO junction boxes and wiring, GZI crate, light, mattresses, enamel candle holder and baffle plates.
|Date of Visit||10.6.2002|