|OS Grid Reference||IH26384842|
|Date opened||September 1957|
|Date closed||September 1991|
|Location||On a high mound set into a slope, 100 yards east of a farm and 50 yards west of trig point.|
|Description||OPEN All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the green paint. There are concrete steps up the mound with a rail. A metal dome on the ventilation shaft and a free standing aerial mast bracket indicates this was a master post. The hatch is open. Internally the post is clean and dry with the following artifacts remaining: table, shelf, cupboard, twin bunks, WB1401 carrier receiver with WB1410 filter unit, aerial coax, copper earth straps, two lights, siren box, replacement post battery and a long shelf high on the wall above the standard table and shelf. The owner is keen to preserve the post and has refused to sell to a cellphone company.
|Two right angle brick wall sections close to the trig point are the remains of an aircraft post.
|Date of Visit||10.6.2002|