Royal Observer Corps
Record added 22/4/2001
OS Grid Reference IJ34244927
County Down
Date opened September 1957
Date closed September 1991
Location On a low mound on the top of Craigs Hill, 200 yards north of a minor road.
Description LOCKED All surface features remain intact with flaking of the green paint. The original louvers have been replaced with mesh louvers. The concrete apron around the access shaft is cracked and the top of the adjacent ventilation shaft is broken. A third hasp has been fitted for added security and is secured with a Chubb box lock. The post is currently being restored and is in good internal condition with the following artefacts remaining: twin bunks with mattresses and blankets, WB1401 carrier receiver with WB1410 filter unit, table, shelf, cupboard, corner shelf below notice board, a small floor standing table, BT junction boxes and wiring, light, siren box, large splint, jerry cans (for water) and numerous papers.
Date of Visit 12.6.2002
Future Actions
  Search Again   Return to Homepage