Royal Observer Corps
Record added 22/4/2001
Post Name ARDGLASS
OS Grid Reference IJ53003495
County Down
Date opened September 1957 & by 1987
Date closed October 1968 & September 1991
Location On hilltop 400 yards from a circular minor road.
Description DEMOLISHED A cellphone mast now occupies the site. The owner remembers “a mound with a stumpy thing on top”. A pile of concrete fence posts lie in the undergrowth nearby; these may have come from the compound. Having closed in 1968 the post was re-opened by 1987 replacing Downpatrick.
Remaining
Surface
Structures
None
Date of Visit 11.6.2002
Future Actions
  Search Again   Return to Homepage