Royal Observer Corps
Record added 16/4/2001
Post Name LETHAM
OS Grid Reference NO52704985
County Angus
Date opened February 1959
Date closed September 1991
Location On a low mound in the south east corner of a field, on the north side of an un-named minor road and on the west side of the track to Finnieston Farm.
Description LOCKED All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the green paint. A metal dome and aerial bracket on the ventilation shaft indicate this was a master post. The top of the access shaft has been rebuilt and a Torlift hatch fitted. The hatch is locked but can be opened with a Torlift key or a large screwdriver. There are steps up the mound to the access shaft. Internally the floor is strewn with rubbish. Remaining artefacts include the table, shelf, cupboard, battery box, BPI mount (detached), small splint, rope, battery charging cables (up shaft), some BT wiring and a few papers.
Remaining
Surface
Structures
None
Date of Visit 17.5.2002
Future Actions
  Search Again   Return to Homepage