Royal Observer Corps
Record added 15/4/2001
OS Grid Reference TL13582711
County Hertfordshire
Date opened July 1959
Date closed September 1991
Location On an overgrown mound east side of a bridleway 300 yards North of Luton Road and immediately to the south of A505 in the north west corner of a field.
Description OPEN All surface features remain intact with some flaking of the green paint. A metal dome on the ventilation shaft indicates this was a master post. When inspected in 1998 the hatch was locked, the padlocks have now been cut off and the internal lock has been cut out so the hatch is now open. The post is flooded to within one foot of the ceiling of the monitoring room. Some of the compound fencing still remains. The hatch is locked. A line of telegraph poles to the post were in place when inspected in 1998, these have now been removed.
May 2017: Reported flooded. Site appears to be even more overgrown.
Date of Visit 12.10.1997 and 1.9.2002
Future Actions
  Search Again   Return to Homepage