Site Name: RAF Holmpton/Patrington ('VQJ') GCI R3 ROTOR Radar Station
[Source:RAF Holmpton Archive & Nick Catford]
The married quarters estate is still extant and all now in private occupation. The site of the hutted camp is now occupied by the Patrington Haven Leisure Park. Although all of the accommodation huts have been demolished, some of the more substantial buildings are still standing having been refurbished and incorporated into the leisure park. The first three pictures below show the same building in 1956, 1985 and 2005.
The camp in 1956
The camp in 1985 - further buildings have been added since 1956
The camp in 2005 with some of the remaining buildings incorporated into the
Patrington Haven Leisure Park as the 'Haven Tavern'.
Photo by Nick Catford
AOC's Guard of Honour - the guardhouse can be seen on the right and the
MT shed can be seen to the rear.
Click on thumbnail to enlarge
Click here for RAF Holmpton GCI technical site
[Source: Nick Catford]
Last updated 20th January 2006
© 2006 Subterranea Britannica